A very important component of your pre-college experience is life outside the classroom – living and learning with others. Your residence hall on the UC Santa Barbara campus is not only a place to sleep and study, but also where you will develop friendships with students of various cultures, lifestyles and beliefs. Summer Discovery, a provider of pre-college programs for over 47 years, brings a staff of experienced resident counselors (RC’s) who are available to you around the clock to ensure a smooth transition to college living.
Students live in Santa Cruz Residence Hall, which is conveniently located by the Pacific Ocean. The comfortable low-rise buildings are located close to all academic and recreational facilities. Rooms are double-occupancy and feature high speed internet access, ample closet space, wall-to-wall carpeting and a set of furniture for each student, including: beds, study desks and chairs, bookcases, and dresser drawers. Phone hook-ups are available for an additional charge.
Other amenities in the residence hall and on-campus include:
- Full access to the University Recreation Center, or RecCen, with weight rooms, basketball, volleyball, racquetball, and squash courts, state of the art fitness equipment, and Olympic size swimming pool
- Tennis courts
- A track and off-road running trails
- Beach access
- A television/DVD lounge
- Residence hall recreation areas
- A multi-station computer center
- A laundry room and
- A Summer Discovery program office, staffed day and night.