(International) What kind of visa do I need to enroll in UCSB Summer Sessions?

Summer Sessions at UC Santa Barbara offers open enrollment to all qualified domestic and international university students. In order to enroll in Summer Sessions' courses, you must have the proper F-1 or J-1 visa. You will need to obtain an F-1 Student Visa to enter the United States. The I-20 Form is required in order to obtain an F-1 Student Visa. Visiting International Students from outside of the US must obtain the Form I-20 from UC Santa Barbara and enroll in a minimum of 6 units to achieve full-time student status. International students visiting from other US institutions who already have an I-20, including other UC campuses, or taking only online courses in the summer term are not required to obtain a Form I-20 from UC Santa Barbara.

Powered by Zendesk