What are the minimum requirements for a summer Associate appointment?

In addition to a Master's degree (or advancement to candidacy) and one year's teaching experience (RB IV-3-II-B), enrollment in the spring quarter immediately preceding the summer term of employment is required. (If the student will be on an official leave during Spring quarter, an exception is possible.) If the student is assigned to teach an upper-division (UD), or graduate-level (GL) course, Academic Senate approval is also required. 

For UD or GL assignments, departments need to complete the Associate Appointment Form (Summer Sessions) located on the Academic Personnel website (under Forms).


Powered by Zendesk