Eligibility for summer employment in student titles requires enrollment the spring quarter
immediately preceding the summer term employment is expected. The situation under which an
exception can be considered:
- Department has made a good-faith effort to find a qualified instructor or TA not needing an
- The graduate student being considered for the exception must:
- Be enrolled in a minimum of four (4) units in summer* or eight (8) units in the
succeeding fall quarter.
- Be in good academic standing (i.e., GPA of at least 3.0 in academic work and
fewer than 12 units of incompletes or no grades).
- Meet the four-year time limit set for advancement to doctoral candidacy.
- Be within the seven-year time limit set for the doctoral degree.
- Meet all other minimum qualification for an ASE appointment (e.g. Associate must
has a Master's degree or advancement to candidacy, and minimum of 3 quarters
as a TA).
NOTE: There is no fee remission in the summer term. The ASE is responsible for all summer fees.
Approval Authority: Director, Summer Sessions, in consultation with Graduate Division.
Graduate Division will determine if student meets academic requirements for the appointment
(i.e., good academic standing and within time limits).